3.19 – 09/Marts/2012
- Language now install as separate language packs to reduce size of download package.
- Displaying “Round” and LapMaster version on the LiveTiming.
- New high quality female voice.
- Fix problem with random “99.999” showing on
the scoreboard during qualifying.
(Not a problem for the qualifying itself !)
- LiveTiming installed from earlier version now get updated so that they look as intended with new software.
- Prevent track-call in the last race second.
- Race duration radio buttons for all modes with “laps” was mixed up and did not select the modes that they were supposed to select. This has been corrected.
- Correct race prediction when running multiple accumulated rounds of heat racing.
- Track records can now optionally be split in Qualifying and Race statistics.
- Added statistics for “Race progression”.
-Added option to perform “Autosave” after each stint.
- Allow some race-options, specifically “minimum lap time” to be edited while racing.
- FTP transfer (LiveTiming) has been changed from “Active” to “Passive” mode to make it more generally accepted to various websites.
- Size of the voice library with Andy’s voice has been reduced.
- New high quality Danish male voice.
- Problem with single/double digit qualifications times being mixed after a LapMaster restart has been fixed.
3.18 – 25/June/2011
- New American voice – Professionally recorded by pro event race director Andy Wasserman.
- The starters sequence now also displays count down lights.
- Starters signal can be selected as “Voice”, “Buzzer” or “Silent”.
- Qualify now works with second best time as tie-break for identical best qualify time.
- The lane to Enter/Exit in Round robin can now be selected.
- Round Robin now also works in “Half-track” mode.
- Fixed small problem with WEB Setup wizard. (Warning on non-standard name, even though the name is standard)
- Fixed problem with the “Print” button floating when resizing panel.
- Added option to suppress announcement of lap times during qualify.
- Graphical changes to the statistics pages being generated.
- Zone correction does not have to be done in lane order. (And zone correction added to log file)
- Track power test can now switch on each lane individually.
- Fixed rare problem with lap count being displayed as “-1.#R” during qualify.
- The qualifying lane is now indicated by colour in the statistics.
- The statistics layout on the internet can now be decorated with an external style sheet (CSS – Internet terminology)
3.17 – 06/feb/2011
- German translation has been redone with professional assistance.
- Swedish language, more translations and a few adjustments.
- All sound files have been “level set” so that all voices are equally loud.
- Zone edit now shows the lane colour.
- Assignment of lanes now with colour support.
- Ability to print the entry list.
- Race with many entries now causes the LiveTiming pages to resize so that more drivers can be shown without scrolling.
(If you are upgrading from older version, you need to delete the 4 files in “C:LapMaster\Multimedia\” named “ScoreBoard…”. New files will be generated for you.)
- Displaying laps per stint on the Scoreboard and LiveTiming.
- Tweak to the “LiveTiming wizard”.
- LiveTiming and Results/Statistics can now correctly be saved to local harddisk.
- Track records on print and on web-site now displays the date of the trackrecord as well.
- Corrected a number of bugs associated with
Rotation with round-robin now works with disabled tracks, Prediction now show the correct result, and “Stats” do not colour grade disabled lanes.
- Using the “heat distribution” field, it is
now possible to skip one or more drivers by putting the number in parenthesis.
E.g: “(4) 8 8 8 (99)” would skip the 4 best qualified (As in qualified directly to final),
while the 24 next would race in 3 heats (Semi), and the reminder hasn’t qualified to go any further.
- Selection of files (Drivers/EntryList/Results etc.)
now remembers the last used directory. This also
fixes a problem with selection of directories under
- New warning dialog “Are you sure?”. This will warn you if you are about to create a setup with unusual or unlikely settings.
It is designed to help catch errors during setup.
- Fixed bug where qualification result was sorted alphabetical rather than numeric (eg. 1, 10, 4).
- Fixed bug with displaying new drivers at round transitions for multiple rounds racing when doing re-seeting.
3.16.11 – 28/09/2010
- Bug fix: LiveTiming wizard attempted to load files from a wrong directory.
- A lot more “tooltip” added to aid the user in selecting the right options.
3.16.10 – 19/09/2010
- Specification of “Auto publish” Result and Statistics path added to “WEB Publish” menu.
- New “Setup Wizard” will help you setup the “LiveTiming” feature.
- A racer no longer racing will now drop down
the scoreboard in an appropriate manner.
Previous the “Prediction” was not updated unless the driver passed the counter, and would therefore stay on top until end of heat.
- Cancelling a track record (I.E. a false time because of a rider), now also correctly rolls back the “Best lap” for the racer on the track.
- A new function will inform you if a newer version of LapMaster has been released.
- LapTimes of partial or interrupted laps will display as “---“ on the Scoreboard, as not to confuse the spectators.
- Drivers are warned before turning power on in warmup by the announcement of “Gentlemen start you engine”.
- Bug fix: Missing print function on some HP printers.
- Bug fix: “Timed practice” did not recognize the setting for intermission.
3.16.9 – 09/07/2010
- LiveTiming now displays track color.
- New statistic “Realized/Potential”.
- Simplified much faster auto statistics upload.
3.16.8 – xx/xx/2010
- Support for selection of alternative power supply via LapTimer hardware. Requires “LapTimer Vers 2.3” or later.
- If you use the “Use driver names” together with “Announce winners” from the advanced options, then the winner will be picked from all contestants. Otherwise it will be from the drivers on the track only.
- Bug fix: Corrections to WEB-results, Correct headings, correct spacing in the index list.
- Bug fix: Update also time stats after “Zone correction” (They do contain the total number of laps.)
- Bug fix: “Announce laptime” did not work for lane 8.
- Bug fix: Names containing special characters like Réne are now displayed correctly on the internet.
3.16.7 – 10/04/2010
- Polishing on the “auto publish” system.
- Making good looking banner headings for UStream LiveTiming setup.
- Moved all customized models from MultiMedia to Multimedia/Factory folder so that customized material isn’t overwritten by new LapMaster software updates.
3.16.6 – xx/xx/2010
- Improved “Live Timing” – Eliminate blink and “404” errors.
- Tooltip added for all non-obvious buttons and difficult to understand options.
- Ability to do random selection of qualifying lane.
- Marking of starting lane in the “statistics” display.
- Zone correction applied to statistics.
- Suggested name and indexing for uploaded results and statistics makes it much easier.
- Single button upload for all variations of statistics.
- Auto publish option in advanced setup lets LapMaster load results and statistics directly to your webpage automatically.
- More time warnings during intermissions added. (3 min, 2 min and 1min30sec).
- Bug fix: Wrong lane changing scheme when one or more lanes had been disabled.
- Bug fix: Fast buttons for lane rotation setups now also works with disabled tracks.
- Bug fix: Display correct Pole position when running qualification with “Most laps”.
3.16.5 – xx/xx/2010
- Implement automatic indexing (link) of results and statistics from LiveTiming page.
- Display practice data on scoreboard and internet.
- Fine tuned “UStream” internet setup.
- Highlight “New driver” at lane change.
- Bug fix: In displaying statistics.
3.16.4 – xx/xx/2010
- Force a track-power off when application closes.
- Remove bug from qualifying on “any” lane.
- Ability to save/restore “Statistical” information. Including “Save to web”.
- General ability to
direct “Save to web”
- Remember to save “Qualification mode” into pre-defined setup.
3.16.3 – xx/xx/2010
- Adding new “Statistics” module that allows analysis of a completed race.
- Adding more history “Event” records to show change of racemode, and start of race.
- Tighten up statistical calculations for lap fractions at trackcall.
- Show only 1 decimal for lap sections, if track only has single digit sections.
- Blip with green background colour in “Laps” when counting.
- Change sound for skipping in bye-round from “Bye-round” to “Next”.
- Corrected bug with “Zone correction” used together with “Qualification, Most laps”.
- Corrected bug where “next drivers” where displayed at end-of-race.
3.16.2 – xx/xx/2010
- Adding “Autoprint” option that will print a racers report after each stint.
- Setup for USTREAM webcam.
3.16 – 06/01/2010
- New “Heat race, promoting” format has been added. This format supports qualification into partly filled heats, and then the option to be promoted by racing from one heat to the next.
- Added two new qualification modes, “Best time w/2 rounds” and “Best time w/bye-rounds”.
- “LiveTiming” now shows extra message as a “Ticker-tape”.
- Track rotation and “Half-heat” option is now included in the Load/Save of racing setup, making it possible to define “Half Heat” as part of the setup.
- Whole range of predefined “Race setup’s” have been added.
- The option to “Link” race setups in chains has been added. This allows multi stage race setups to be build.
- The buttons for “Go qualify” and “Go race” in the entry panel is disabled if not at start of race.
- Cutting an intermission short by pressing “Start” can now be done without the “1-min”, “30-sec” and “10-sec” warnings being triggered.
- The counters are now disabled during intermission, so that the counters are not fouled up by users during lane change.
- A bug that caused the system to lock up if “trackcall” and “heat timeout” occurred at the same time has been found and removed.
3.15 – 03/11/2009
- The option to race all Stint=1 (from all heats) before racing Stint=2 etc. This rotates the crew of active drivers more offend and might be perceived as less boring.
- Adding “Buy-Round” option for qualifying.
- Support of “Half-track” racing rotation, where a single driver only drives either all even or all odd lanes.
- The selection of “Racing class” has been redesigned, so that you now can keep a list of your own designations.
- Estimation of end result now works with multiple rounds.
- Ability to set a “Point’s offset” before start of race.
- Do not announce laptimes below 2.0 seconds (Not enough time before the next round).
- Fixed a number of bugs. i.e. now connection of multi tracks works again.
- Norwegian language was missing from the pack.
3.14 – (Never released) – Fixing bug, where the Scoreboard and LiveTiming did not get the final update before the “End” MessageBox was dismissed.
- Fixing bug: Track records not announced correctly on black track.
- Minor layout change with end-of-round and end-of-race dialogs.
- Adding Norwegian text option (but no Norwegian speech yet).
3.13 – 27/02/2009 – Fixing bug with rounds being accumulated in “Best of rounds” mode.
3.12 – (Never released)
- Intelligence to select a better “Black-track” colour when gray is not used.
- Option to use “Reversed relay wiring”. (See under Track options).
- New RaceManager supporting the “
3.11 – 09/02/2009 – Major internal restructuring – Allowing various RaceManagers to be defined within the software.
- Data stored in folder
“C:\LapMaster”, to make the program compatible with
- Adding RaceManager (Race-mode) for ISRA TEAM RACING.
- New racing mode, racing “Fixed number of laps (all)”. The winner is the one that used the least time to complete the set number of laps on each lane.
- Hotkey for terminating drivers unable to complete “Fixed number of laps (all)”.
- It is now possible to temporary leave out one or more lanes, I.E. for repair, or to optimize the number of active lanes for other reasons.
- Install path has been
changed to allow LapMaster to work fluidly with
- Multiple rounds (Up to 4) allowed for heat racing, both in “Accumulating” or “Best of” modes.
- It is now possible to preset the counter with a number of rounds before race. I.e. to give a “Head start” or “Handicap”.
3.10 – 05/11/2008 – Adding “Gray” as option for track colour.
3.09 – 20/10/2008 – Swedish language has been added.
- It is now possible to select “Any” for lane assignment during qualification. This means that the competitor is free to choose any lane for qualification.
- Bug in FTP transfer has been fixed. Save to WEB and LiveTiming now works correctly again.
- Release of trackcall can no longer be done by hitting the spacebar. It now requires ALT-Spacebar to release a trackcall. This solves an issue where multiple track-calls got stacked up if the spacebar was held down to long.
3.08 – 26/08/2008 – 10 second warning for end of Intermission is now an option.
3.07 – 17/08/2008 – Make sure FTP perform a new Logoff/Logon procedure following any detected ftp errors.
- Added error message and prevent save of screen coordinates if running on a display less than 1024x768.
- Fix bug with racing “number of laps”.
3.06 – 16/08/2008 – Add option for embedded WebCam picture in uploaded scoreboard data.
3.05 – 25/06/2008 – Internal design of “LiveTiming” changed to use a lot less computer resources. (Internal FTP, Preload of models, deferred signoff when possible).
- Fixed problem with “Searching” for the LapMaster com port.
3.04 – 20/05/2008 – Language translation system redesigned to allow local customization from a text file in the language directory
- Support of COM ports from COM10 to COM20.
- Fixed problem with repeated “10 second warning” if pause called at the same time.
- Moved rarely used race setup options into separate “Advanced setup” page.
- Added ability to do race result prediction.
- Added “Track Time Seller” mode.
- Single button to erase all track records.
- Removed the “Edit records”
- Highlight “Track record” and “Invalid time” for easy identification.
- Revised and improved HELP system.
- “Announce lap times” on individual tracks.
- Option to accept track records at any time.
- LapMaster wrapped in standard windows install procedure.
3.03 – 04/03/2008 – More fine tuning to “Live-timing”
- Separate “Comment” section for Auto update.
- Preparation work for more language translations, i.e. German.
3.02 – 27/02/2008 – Fine tuning to “Live-timing”
- “LiveTiming” now uses the “livetimingloader.htm” to do the refresh. If the web-page is unavailable due to update (404 error), then it will recover by itself.
- Failures encountered during ScoreBoard to WEB auto load has been made “silent” .You don’t want pop-up error messages during the race.
- More REFRESH intervals added: 30 second and 1 minute.
24/02/2008 – Adjusting on the TCP/IP
- Small change in the upload strategy for LIVE-Broadcast. Faster update -> less collision of update and browsing (404 error)
- Ability to save directly to WEB with individual selected filenames. Also added “comment” to the data.
- Fixed small bug in TCP/IP connection mode that potentially could case loss of data connection.
3.00 – 02/02/2008 – Major new release – Full TCP/IP connect ability.
- Full TCP/IP connection facility for coordinating several tracks using the LapMaster program into a single coordinated ScoreBoard.
- Also contains a CHAT
- Handicap calculator for doing fair racing with unmatched cars or tracks.
- Named practice mode.
- Revised HotKey assignment for lap count modification.
- Shift + F1..F8 add a count.
- Ctrl + F1..F8 subs a count.
- Alt + F1..F8 resets the count.
- FTP interface, and LIVE-BROADCAST mode.
2.08 - 02/01/2008 – Major update.
- Implementing a new race mode: “Heat race, best of 2 rounds”. This is a complete implementation of DMRU (Dansk Mini Race Union) 2008 racing format.
- Implementing the optional “ScoreBoard”. The ScoreBoard contains additional live racing information. The intention is to take advantage of the XP dual-monitor capability.
- It addresses issues on being able to see the entire drivers list etc. during racing.
- In addition to the ScoreBoard, a points evaluation system has been added which allows different tracks or classes to race against each other in a fair system.
- It is the intention that the “ScoreBoard” of multiple LapMaster systems should be coordinated using TCP/IP. However we are not yet there.
- The maximum laptime that can be read aloud has been raised from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
- New “Pink” lane colour supported.
- The announcement of track records is now a selectable option.
- Fixed another bug that prevented selection of drivers from the catalog.
- Lap count can be adjusted (+1) in real time
using the keys 1 to 8 as hotkeys. “Q” to “I” subtracts one lap, and “A” to “K”
resets the lap count.
- The hotkey assignment will make sense to you when you look at the keyboard. It is the number row for +, the key below for – and one row further below for reset.
- The “SpaceBar” has been setup as a hotkey for trackcall. If focus is on the “LapMaster” of “ScoreBoard” application, hitting space will toggle the trackcall state.
2.07 - 12/09/2007 - Misc. updates.
- Removed the “Average time” from result.
- Fix a bug with large number of driver selects from visual catalogue.
- Picture of more Danish Scale drivers added.
2.06 - 12/08/2007 -
- Moved the position of the “next driver” display.
- Picture of Danish Scale drivers added.
2.05 – 18/05/2007 – Work in preparation of the LapTimer-II device based on the Olimex AVR-OI-M16 (Microcode version 2.0)
- Adding the “Individual power relay” feature.
- Testing the connection of 2 LapTimer-II devices to a single system.
- Add provision for racing a fixed number of laps in each stint rather than just a fixed amount of time.
- End of heat/End of stint announce now comes immediately after power off and before the run out.
2.04 - 16/05/2007 - Bug fix.
- Fixed bug where the “no of
entries” in the “c:\ LapMasterEntry.ini”
file where erroneously set to 6.000.000. This caused the following
attempt to load the program take forever.
Also the input value is not range checked.
2.03 – 10/05/2007 – Changes in log file.
- Decimal point is now set to “.” In English and “,” in Danish.
- Log file date now has a 4 digit year.
- Timestamp now contains 3 decimals to the second. (Relative to the timestamps. Not accurate for lap timing.)
- Invalid time on track X now displays the correct track number in the logfile.
- Bug that caused “Best Time” and “Best track” to be erased under certain conditions have been fixed.
- Attempts to load a RESULT list as an ENTRY list, will now skip the initial column (the position), so that the names will fit the correct column.
- The option to display the MEDIAN time in place of the BEST TIME has been added.